Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Minnesota Meets Alaska!


Is this not the greatest looking bunch of interns ever? Okay well I am biased since I am one of them. At any rate the above group is the interns going out from Concordia University St. Paul. In the picture you will see the students in front and the supervisors standing behind his or her intern. I got a chance to meet my supervisor over the past three days during internship orientation.
    Each supervisor traveled to Concordia for a three day event of introductions, meetings, policies and fun. My supervisor is Pastor Steve Heinsen from Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Chugiak, Alaska. We were both glad to finally put a face to the voice over the phone. I feel that Steve and I will work very well together as he and I are both planners and communicators which is a big plus! Steve also knows about the Midwest as he was born and raised in Iowa so he can relate to all my farm talk and geographical babble of Southwest Minnesota and northern Iowa.
    I start internship is less than a month and I am getting more and more excited each day. I cannot wait to meet the congregation and begin my work in a parish ministry setting. It will be a change in climate, time, and role for me but I feel ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment