Sunday, July 31, 2011

Anticipating Arrivals

Tomorrow is the day! Tomorrow is the day that my fiance Adam arrives in Alaska! Adam has just finished his internship in Marquettet, Michigan. It is interesting that he is just finishing and I am just beginning. At any rate his arrival is much anticipated. Long distance relationships are, well, long distance. Along with the many miles between us there is also the four hour time difference. There have been several occasions where I have called him as I am off to bed (11:00pm AKDT) and wake him up in Marquette at 3:00am (EST). The four hour time difference has defiantly been an hurdle but we have managed to overcome it. 

Adam will be here all week. In addition to Adam visiting my Concordia supervisor will also be here at the end of the week. This is also ironic since when I visited Adam on his internship in Marquette, HIS Concordia supervisor was also there.

It is good that they are coming because virtually everyone else is gone. It is fishing season and EVERYONE (and their dog-literally) have headed out fishing to the Kenai River and beyond. The fishing report has been one of the best in a long time. The number have been up exponentially! With that said not many people are around and it showed in worship this morning. I had several additional key people come up to me and apologize that they will not get to meet my supervisor or Adam as they are heading fishing tomorrow. Ah, well, this is Alaska time and I love it!

In other news there was a beautiful sunset last night. By sunset I mean 12:30am sunset. Check it out. I could see Mt. McKinley and Mt. Foraker.


Mt. Foraker & McKinley in the background
Foraker & McKinley

2 comments:

  1. Kristi:

    I enjoyed reading your letter to St. Matthew's and found your blog to be very interesting, as well. I want you to know how proud I am of you! You've always impressed me, whether in school, sunday school, or youth group. It's rewarding to see what a "Woman of God" that you've matured into! It's obvious that God is using you to do great things for His kingdom. I will continue to pray for God to bless your service and look forward to reading more of your blog.

    Grace and peace,
    Mr. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristi,
    I hope you are having a great time with Adam in the beautiful State of Alaska. I really enjoy viewing your pictures of what you are up to and how you are getting into the local culture "up to your elbows"...Moose meat. What an experience you are having. Your energy blooms with your messages and I enjoy reading your blog.
    Take Care,
    BB

    ReplyDelete