Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Good Day Because of the Little Things

Yesterday was an absolutely fantastic day. I woke up feeling rather refreshed as I got to bed earlier than normal. When I woke up I looked out my window to find the sun beaming down on the bright yellow and orange leaves on the trees across the inlet. I grabbed my camera and snapped some photos…still in my pajamas. I had a hearty bowl of honey nut cheerios and headed to work. 
(Click on any of the pictures for a larger view)
Sun hitting right in front of Susitna
More sun hitting the fire yellow trees

Like every Tuesday we had our weekly staff meeting. At work I got a lot done including finishing the mystery dinner and organizing the parts and scripts which is a big check of my list. The prizes and supplies for the Fall Festival arrived from oriental trading another plus.

This is where I work, but I hardly consider it "work"



Lunch was peanut butter and jelly. Homemade Alaska rhubarb jelly (well jam I guess) it was delightful. I then finished up the afternoon at work with e-mails follow ups for this upcoming youth Sunday, and wrote the clues for the next youth FISH event which is called “Snap & Dash” (It’s basically a digital photo scavenger hunt).

After work I headed out for a hike at the Eagle River nature center for a hike and on my was saw breathtaking snow covered peaks (what we call “termination dust” aka snow on the mountain tops meaning the termination of summer). I thought they were rather beautiful but folks here dislike the sight since winter is fast approaching. I guess it’s time for me to get my studded tires on (they were legal as of September 15th).
Termination dust (aka snow)
Better get on my studded tires
Fred Meyer looks more pretty than usual, can you see why?
After a wonderful hike I headed back to church for hand bell practice. Our hand bell choir is six people strong. The group is fun and easy going. Cracking jokes to one another trying to count our “one-and-two-and’s” and blaming our mistakes on Scott. It was a lot of fun, therapeutic almost!
We are "Moose Ringers" except for Scott and Pastor they are the hunters apparently :)

Today was a very good day. It’s not that something major occurred. It was the little things. God is a detail-oriented God! We often get lost in the details of life as society dictates it and forgets that God is interested in every single detail of our life. The Lord has crafted together every moment of your life that ends with a happily ever after Eternity with our Bridegroom. It’s the little things that add up to a wonderfully big life full of God’s blessings piling up to life us into His presence everywhere. The sun on the inlet, the snow covered peaks, growing relationships with people at my intern church, laughter at hand bell practice; the little things. Look for the little things along the way, hints from God that of course He was, and continues to listen, diligently working behind the scenes on your behalf.

Faith should not require a life built of extravagance. The faith focus is God! He is the extravagance of life. Faith grows through a live out loud relationship with god built around the little things. Faith the size of a mustard seed totally impresses God and He empowers it.  Do not forsake the small details in life that seem insignificant—no, look for your Father there! He is in it!

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. (Psalm 37:23)



No comments:

Post a Comment