Saturday, March 3, 2012

DCE Conference Day 2 (part 2)

After a day of intense spiritual renewal and discussion it was time for a little fun. We had free time in the afternoon. Jamie and started our afternoon with a trip to the local clinic. My ear was killing me and had bothering me since the day before. I thought it was due to the fight since it could not pop but upon inspection the doctor told me I had not only an ear infection but that it had spread to my Eustachian tube.

The doctor said this probably happened on the flight. She asked when I was to return home and I told her the next day. She asked if there was any way I could wait a couple days to heal but that was simply not possible. She then also prescribed me with Tylenol with codeine for the flight home as it would probably be a painful one.

With that over we were on our way to all the cute little shops downtown. They are all very touristy and cute. I only bought a hat, but the shops were neat to look at. Some highlights included Nussknacker Haus—more nutcrackers than I ever seen in my life, Rocky Mountain Chocolate, Das Sweet Shop, Kestel Vinters, Kris Kringle (an all Christmas store, all year long), Das Sportsmenn, Alpen Haus Gifts, Munchan Haus and others but I cannot remember their names.




After 3 hours out and about, and lots of walking all of us DCE’s gathered at King Ludwigs for supper. King Ludwigs is a family owned and operated restaurant takes it's name from the famous German King Ludwig II. My meal was Veal, Spätzle, (the pasta of Germany) and Rotkraut (Red Cabbage). It was very good and I am a fan of the Spätzle. Others ordered Schweinshax’n (rotisseried broiled pork hock), Chicken Munich Style (half a rotisseried chicken), Schweine Schnitzel (breaded, pan fried pork cutlet), and Leberkäse (Bavarian Meatloaf).

The dish I ordered-Veal, Spätzle and Rotkraut 

Another dish split between 4 people--Schweinshax’n (rotisseried broiled pork hock), Chicken Munich Style (half a rotisseried chicken), two Schweine Schnitzel (breaded, pan fried pork cutlet), and three sausages, two slices of Leberkäse (Bavarian Meatloaf).


Jamie and I outside King Ludwig's
In addition to great food there was beer wine and live music! An accordion player named Frank graced us with fantastic music. It was fun. He played several songs from the sound of music, Que Sera, Sera, Auf Wiedersehen, Edelweiss, Oh! Suzanna, Oh Munchen, Mein Munchen, and others but I don’t know their names.


The majority of the group joined in dancing to these tunes. The Frank moved to play the chicken dance to which EVERYONE joined in whether at the table or on the dance floor. We made a circle around Frank and danced until we were tired. It was fun and nice to have such an enjoyable evening to think of nothing else but relaxing. It was a great way to end the day.

Frank and I

No comments:

Post a Comment