Thursday, November 10, 2011

Eagle River Nature Center Round 2

On Tuesday there was finally a clear sunny day after several days of snow, clouds, more snow repeat. Toonie and I took the opportunity to go back to the Eagle River Nature center and catch the sites on a clear day. The mountains were not covered by fog and since I had an afternoon meeting I was able to head out by 3:30pm as the sun was starting to set (it actually sets at 4:30pm) but the sun made the mountains a tint of red.





Since it was a clear day it was much colder than the last hike. It was a stellar 3˚F. Today I did wear my facemask. The snow was more settled and it was easier to walk. Although the path was stable Toonie preferred to go off road into the deep snow drifts.



Cow Parsnips

Cow Parsnips


Berries
Devils Club
























I cannot get over the beauty of this land called Alaska. Everywhere I turn I see God’s beauty. It is simply awe-inspiring. You will notices I put up a lot of pictures, because words cannot do it justice…actually pictures do not do it justice. Standing literally surrounded by mountains puts things in perspective to just how small I am in comparison to the creator, and all his handi-work.


Snow piled up on the railing
Black and white are the primary colors
Drive Back Home
Eagle River starting to freeze over
Eagle River

No comments:

Post a Comment