Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day

I awoke Christmas Day, early to get ready for church. Upon going outside I found that the world had been covered with a fresh blanket of snow (i'm getting used to this). After digging out my car I attempted to make it out the driveway where I'm house sitting. No such luck so I slid back down and took the Cheesman's Subaru instead.

Church was a a cozy group of people as we followed "A Service of Lesson's and Carols" something that has been done for many years now. I really liked this service there was no "sermon" Per se but rather readings begining with the Old Testament and continuing through the new Testament of the story, and prophesy of the coming Christ Child. In between each reading there was a traditional carol sung. Some of the highlights included "What Child is This", Angels We Have Heard on High, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem, Lo! How a Rose, Gentle Mary Laid Her Head and others. There were a lot! It was fun to sing so many traditional carols and celebrate the morning with my church family.

After the church service I was invited to spend the day with the Coburn's, a family from church. We ate lots of food, played several rounds of Apple to Apples and I had the honor of taking family pictures for them as they were all together. It was a relaxing day and a memorable one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment