Friday, December 23, 2011

Snow!

Overnight Eagle river got a reported 14 inches of snow. I ventured outside to see how much I had received. 18+ inches!!! I need to plow out. Luckily one of the church parishioners plowed out the driveway but my car still remains literally buried! Living up on the hillside in higher elevation means that I received more snow. The drift by the garbage can is over two feet. 
There are 3 cars in this picture can you find them all? The one far left corner is COMPLETELY covered up to the roof

For all you Minnesota folks with a black Christmas, perhaps I will ship some snow your way because, well, we have lots of it. The bay window off the kitchen has drifts of over three feet!

Another interesting event that occurred this morning was an earthquake. I felt the house shake like a large snowplow had gone by. I looked outside and it was still dark so I couldn’t tell. Having felt a few earthquakes since being here I decided to look online at recent earthquakes in Alaska and sure enough a 4.05 magnitude earthquake had struck at 8:22am.

Never a dull moment in Alaska. Well, I better suit up and head out to dig myself out wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment