Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Take out the Trash

So a quick post but a humorous one, anyways. Garbage day is Wednesday (tomorrow). I am house sitting for a family with a very steep driveway. Today for the ump-teenth time this year it snowed. The weather man said 1-3 inches but in Alaska 1-3 inches can quickly turn into 1-3 feet (see previous post "Dig Out"). At work during my lunch time I took some pictures at church since it was really coming down outside...


That's my (the family I'm house sitting for's) car- Covered with snow in 2 hours.
The front of the church, icicles, Christmas wreaths, angels and snow!
It continued to snow into the afternoon and after work I got home and it was still snowing. Tomorrow is garbage pick up and I'm anticipating it will snow throughout the night. So I decided to heave-ho the garbage up the steep driveway though 6 inches of snow instead of in the morning with how ever much MORE SNOW we will get.
Look at the snowbank...that's what I dug through, so I could get the garbage can out
Drag, drag, drag...this is a drag (haha)

I made it up the driveway tracks all the way
Mission accomplished

After the first obstacle, the snowbank of 2 feet of snow and the removal of snow from the garbage lid, it was a drag (no pun intended). I took a shovel to scoop a path through the 2 foot tall snowbank in front and then literally drug the thing up the driveway making a nice clearing for my walk back down. I pushed the 1/2 foot of snow all the way up. By the way, wheels on a garbage can are a good idea but are completely WORTHLESS in the snow. Someone should build some skis for these things...maybe I will. Make millions? Probably not but wouldn't that be a funny sight. Oh Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment