Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Flood

Yesterday was a very successful day off. I managed to unintentionally scrub the floor, do the dishes, and make supper…at the SAME time. This takes talent but it takes more talent for it to be done unintentionally.

I was frying up some moose burger and had it simmering on the stove. I went over to pull the plug on the dishes I had just finished washing. The sink was almost empty when I felt my socks getting wet. Upon investigation I looked under the sink cupboard to find all of my dirty dish water (the full sink worth) on the floor and in the cupboard.
After I used the shop vac...you can see it's still wet
Both of my host parents were gone so I went about mopping up the water with all of the towels in my possession. Three bath towels, and four hand towels later and the floor was dry, but the cupboard had 1/4 inch of water in the bottom.



My host dad (Chuck) arrived home, and he went got a shop vac so suck the water up. There was a fair amount as the vac was 1/3 full. Chuck then got a wrench to fix the damaged pipe. The culprit was two pipes that had disconnected completely.

Everything that was under the sink (clean supplies etc.) got wet 

Chuck re-connected the two pipes and then got a fan to blow overnight to dry out the wet wood cupboard. At least my floor is now clean :) 


All my swifter pads from under the sink were soaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment