Friday, June 10, 2011

ACBY

ACBY. It's a beautiful thing. It stands for Alaska Council Youth Board. Yesterday was the first time I got to attend a meeting. When I say meeting I do not me boring, intimidating, jam packed meeting, I'm talking meeting at Jitters (the local coffee shop) with two other DCE's from Alaska to discuss upcoming youth events as well as joke around and have an all around good time.

The coffee shop we met at.

Our main topic of discussion at the meeting was the upcoming Alaskan Youth Event called Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope takes place once every three years. It is a week long Alaska gathering of youth with intense team building, and spiritual renewal. For those of you familiar with TEC (Teens Encounter Christ) it is very similar except longer (a week) and has a leadership spin on things.

At the meeting we discussed the theme, songs, and team building activities. I would tell you the theme but it is supposed to be a big secret so I shall have to wait to reveal it to you until the week of. For those of you reading who are from Concordia St. Paul and were involved with the JHYG, when I announce the theme you will find it very familiar. :)

Gretchen, me and Jamie


We also discussed song list. Gretchen is a pronominal musician especially when it comes to guitar. Both Gretchen and Jamie have a servant heart for the Lord, and I'm real glad to have met them and get to work with them. They are sorta like my mentors. Both DCE's, and are very good at what they do.

I cannot wait for Kaleidoscope July 17-23, but first I must tackle VBS, and 4th of July Extravaganza. I LOVE MY INTERNSHIP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment